Friday 10 February 2012

vintage heaven

I had my first trip to Europe over Christmas and was anticipating the vintage shopping for months! Countless day dreams were running through my head of rows and rows of glorious mohair knits, glow mesh, layer upon layer of lace and rich leather hand bags! I tell you my fantasies came to reality when I made that first turn through Notting Hill to Portobello Markets.




I don't even think we made it to every store! These vintage stores are of course not your local Salvos or Vinnies! These vintage gems are boasting designers including YSL, Dior, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, CHANEL.. 'nuff said. So with names like these you're thinking they'd cost a bomb right? Wrong! Most of the store's prices were reasonably priced. Average price for a pair of Jimmy Choos or Manolo Blankick were 200 odd pounds and in top condition. Of course if you were to pick up a a staple, classic  piece such as a mint condition leather coat you are of course going to see prices from 400 up!


I was salivating to buy a fur but with the amount of shopping I had already done I knew there was nooo way I could push my luggage weight limit as it was! I ended up with some cute handmade rings and my ultimate pin up art posters :)


Special mention to my darling cousin for showing me around the exuberance of Portobello Markets. Could so go for those darling cupcakes again!



Who has been to Portobello Markets? Let me know of any recent vintage purchases you've made!!

Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you for taking the time in posting them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...